Established in 1988, Kerr Contractors is a leading heavy civil general contractor and construction management firm headquartered in Woodburn, Oregon. Kerr Contractors is recognized as one of the most technically advanced earth-moving, road building and underground utilities contractors in the region. Our business is founded on trusting relationships, excellent service, workmanship that has enduring character, and meeting or exceeding customer expectations every time. We have staked our reputation on our ability to deliver each of these.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Daily check fluids, wear parts, tires, glass and general condition of the machinery assigned to use. Report issues and maintenance required immediately.
- Safely and productively operate machinery assigned. Adapt to changing environment including traffic, soil conditions and weather.
- Utilize GPS systems, read and understand grade stakes and hubs for grade control and finishing.
- Manage materials efficiently whether excavating, loading haul vehicles, placing materials, fine grading or installing utilities.
- Operate a range of machines sizes and types for required use and application including excavators, wheel & track loaders, dozers, compactors, articulated and ridged frame haul trucks, wheel scrapers, tractors, graders.
- Must have valid license and clean driving record
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen
- Must have 3 years minimum experience operating machinery
- Experience working in an MSHA environment is preferred.
- Experience operating Articulated Haul Trucks, Excavators and/or Dozers.
- Knowledge and competency with each machine type
- Earthwork and grading experience utilizing machinery for a variety of tasks including mass earthwork, loading of hauling vehicles, placing materials, compacting, moisture conditioning and fine grading.
- Utility experience utilizing machinery for a variety of tasks including trench excavation, setting pipe, appurtenances and structures, shoring processes and systems including trench shields, hydraulic shores, sheet piling, soldier pile/lagging, sloping and benching.
- Safe operation of each machine maintaining situational awareness at all times.
- Recognize mechanical issues immediately as they develop with engine, hydraulic and electrical systems and taking action to shut down and secure the machine to avoid additional damage.