Northwest College of Construction is accepting applications for a full-time Apprenticeship Coordinator.
The Apprenticeship Coordinator is responsible for all aspects of managing craft training apprenticeship programs. Duties include:
- Dispatch of apprentices to contractors which requires frequent and articulate
communication with both the apprentices and the training agents (employers).
- Management of apprenticeship records to ensure the apprenticeship requirements for both classroom and on-the-job training meet or exceed the requirements of the Bureau of Labor and Industry and the accrediting agency of the college.
- Acting as the Program Liaison between the college, the apprentices and the employers.
- Represent the college at career fairs and other events for the purpose of recruitment of students and apprentices.
- Conduct orientations for incoming new apprentices.
- Meet with applicants to complete BOLI paperwork to become a registered apprentice.
- Prepare committee meeting agendas and minutes.
- Assist with the front office tasks, including answering phones and greeting walk-ins.
- Incumbent will digitize bookkeeping invoices and develop a process to crosscheck documents for accuracy across departments.
- 1+ year(s) experience as an Apprenticeship Coordinator preferred.
- For the right candidate, we will accept 3+ years’ administrative/clerical experience with no or little Apprenticeship Coordinator experience.
- Experience with apprenticeship trade programs, preferred.
- Proficient with MS Office products, database management and report generation, and spreadsheet development.
- Experience with FileMaker Pro is preferred.
- Excellent communication, customer service, and problem solving skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to organize and prioritize projects and meet strict deadlines.
- Attention to detail is necessary.
- Ability to work productively in a fast-paced, sometimes stressful, environment.
- Able to work independently, without many detailed instructions, and cooperatively with others.
- Willingness to lead, take charge and offer opinions and direction.
- Public speaking skills, a plus.
- Ability to read bookkeeping reports, a plus.