JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform a variety of labor tasks related to erosion control, loading and unloading materials, traffic control, material assembly and installation.
- Always properly use the appropriate PPE for intended use and application.
- Safely operate a variety of power tools including electric, pneumatic, hydraulic, gas, diesel powered.
- Safely operate a variety of hand tools including cutting tools, knives, hammers, shovels, rakes, lutes, torches, saws and brooms.
- Safely use ladders & fall protection and restraint systems
- Read and understand grade stakes for grade checking and alignment using GPS, lasers, levels and string lines.
- Must have valid license and clean driving record
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen
- Must have 3 years minimum experience; others need not apply
- Experience installing gravity storm & sanitary sewer
- Experience assembling and installing ductile iron pipe fittings, valves and appurtenances.
- Experience installing drainage and sewer structures and connections.
- Experience setting up and using pipe lasers, transits and levels, understanding plans, survey stakes, line and grade.
- Experience testing storm, water and sewer systems with air and hydrostatic tests.
- Experience with shoring systems including trench shields, speed shores, sheet piling and other mechanical shoring systems.
- Competitive Salary.
- Community Involvement.
- Team Building Events.
- Annual Company Events.
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance.
- Flexible Spending Accounts.
ABOUT THE EMPLOYER
Established in 1988, Kerr Contractors is a leading heavy civil general contractor and construction management firm headquartered in Woodburn, Oregon. Kerr Contractors is recognized as one of the most technically advanced earth-moving, road building and underground utilities contractors in the region. Our business is founded on trusting relationships, excellent service, workmanship that has enduring character, and meeting or exceeding customer expectations every time. We have staked our reputation on our ability to deliver each of these.