JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Daily check fluids, wear parts, tires, glass and general condition of the machinery assigned to use. Report issues and maintenance required immediately.
- Safely and productively operate machinery assigned. Adapt to changing environment including traffic, soil conditions and weather.
- Utilize GPS systems, read and understand grade stakes and hubs for grade control and finishing.
- Manage materials efficiently whether excavating, loading haul vehicles, placing materials, fine grading or installing utilities.
- Operate a range of machines sizes and types for required use and application including excavators, wheel & track loaders, dozers, compactors, articulated and ridged frame haul trucks, wheel scrapers, tractors, graders.
- Must have valid license and clean driving record.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen.
- Must have 3 years minimum experience operating machinery.
- Knowledge and competency with each machine type.
- Earthwork and grading experience utilizing machinery for a variety of tasks including mass earthwork, loading of hauling vehicles, placing materials, compacting, moisture conditioning and fine grading.
- Utility experience utilizing machinery for a variety of tasks including trench excavation, setting pipe, appurtenances and structures, shoring processes and systems including trench shields, hydraulic shores, sheet piling, soldier pile/lagging, sloping and benching.
- Safe operation of each machine maintaining situational awareness at all times.
- Recognize mechanical issues immediately as they develop with engine, hydraulic and electrical systems and taking action to shut down and secure the machine to avoid additional damage.
- Competitive Salary.
- Community Involvement.
- Team Building Events.
- Annual Company Events.
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance.
- Flexible Spending Accounts.