This position is for a HVAC sheet metal worker in our commercial construction department.
The right candidate will have excellent technical skills and outstanding communication and interpersonal skills. This person must have the ability to work in a fast paced environment and must also possess a high degree of integrity and the ability to analyze a variety of problems and work independently. This position requires mature judgment and initiative. Time management and organizational skills are also essential.
- Minimum 3 years experience in commercial HVAC sheet metal industry.
- Visualize objects in three dimensions from plans and drawings.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Familiarity with LEED construction practices and commissioning is a plus.
- Uses hand and power tools to cut, punch, flange, shear, and solder sheet metal ducts and parts.
- Select gauge and type of sheet metal according to product being fabricated and knowledge of metal.
- Locate and mark dimensions and reference lines on metal sheets.
- Lay out openings and coordinates with other trades.
- Inspects assemblies and installation for conformance with specifications.
- Erect air handling equipment.
- Reads and interprets system blueprints, specifications, and performance data to determine proper configuration and arrangement of system components.
- Maintaining proper documentation of daily work using work orders.
PLEASE BE ADVISED:
- Must have a valid drivers license.
- Be able to pass a drug screen.