CONCRETE FINISHING APPRENTICESHIP
- Provide proof of at least 18 years of age
- Submit documentaton for points for ranking placement
- Points are awarded for: valid drivers license, military, education, certifications, work experience documented on company letterhead and completion of BOLI approved pre-apprenticeship.
- Attend 1/2 day of orientation and 2 days of jumpstart (unpaid training)
- Please provide your ID information before the end of the month you intend to apply
Concrete Finishers prepare and repair concrete, including pouring and finishing slabs, steps, wall tops, curbs and gutters, sidewalks, and paving. They work with a variety of materials including terrazzo, magnasite, epoxy, polymer and other plastic materials for topping repair and injection.
Apprenticeship applicants must be at least 18 years of age.
Most of the work requires substantial bending and heavy lifting and is performed outdoors. Work conditions vary with each job.
LENGTH OF APPRENTICESHIP
Classroom Hours: A minimum of 144 hours per year for 3 years
On-the-Job Training: 6,000 hours (approx. 3 years)
*Wage data is taken as a sample from PWR Handbook. Effective 2019.