- Provide proof of at least 18 years of age
- Submit documentation for points for ranking placement.
- Points are awarded for: valid drivers license, military, education, certifications, work experience documented on company letterhead and completion of BOLI approved pre-apprenticeship.
- Attend 1/2 day of orientation and 5 days of jumpstart (unpaid training)
- Please provide your ID information before the end of the month you intend to apply
Laborers may be skilled or unskilled workers with duties as varied as clearing timber and brush, removing demolished materials from a job site, placing and vibrating concrete, landscaping, installing pipe, handling the materials for other trades workers or using explosives to demolish buildings.
Laborers are needed on all types of construction projects such as highways, bridges, tunnels, large buildings, sanitation, and residential and perform work for the duration of the project. A laborer must know how to work with his or her hands and with power tools run by gasoline, electricity and compressed air. Other tools used include pavement breakers, rammers, pumps, compressors, lasers and vibrators.
Laborer work is performed both indoors and outdoors and may be done on a surface environment, at extreme heights, underground or above or under water.
All laborers must do a considerable amount of lifting, carrying, climbing, kneeling, balancing and even crawling. Jobs require strength, dexterity and alertness. Because the work has so many varied conditions, laborers must know the hazards and safety requirements of each job.
Apprenticeship applicants must be at least 18 years of age.
LENGTH OF APPRENTICESHIP
Classroom Hours: A minimum of 144 hours per year for 2 years
On-the-Job Training: 4,000 hours (approx. 2 years)