CONSTRUCTION SUMMER CAMP 2019
When: July 8 – August 9, 2019 (3 weeks here at NWCOC)
Where: Week 1-3 here at NWCOC (week 4 at Blueprint foundation & week 5 Airway Sciences)
Time: 8:00am – 5:00pm
Who: 16-19 year olds (Under 18: parental consent is required)
Informational Session: June 20, 2019
When: Dinner 6:00-6:30pm. Information session 6:30-7:30pm
ABOUT CONSTRUCTION CAMP:
Teenagers have the opportunity to learn about several crafts in the construction industry, including green jobs where construction meets environmental protection.
Professional instructors will lead classroom discussions and supervise new learning experiences in carpentry, masonry, welding, sheet metal, waste management, and environmental restoration.
In addition to learning how to build in the shop, students will participate in field trips to active job sites in both urban and wildlife settings!
- Age: 16 – 19 (Under 18: parental consent required)
- Must pass confidential drug screen
- Hands-on exploration of construction craftsman skills
- Field trips and tours of active construction sites
- Meals, books, safety equipment, and tools provided
- First Aid/CPR training & certification
- NO COST TO PARTICIPANTS!
- Expose students to construction skills and careers
- Equip students with safe work practices
- Teach students in the proper use of a variety of tools