Good pay! Good benefits! Good people! At Knife River, we take care of our team because we know it’s our people who make us successful. We are one of the 10 largest construction materials producers/contractors in the country, and we’re growing! We are adding people to our team every day — people who are committed to working safely and to delivering high-quality results for our customers.
Knife River has an immediate opening for a Heavy Equipment Operator in/around Salem Oregon.
- Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Operate blade, excavator, backhoe, dozer, and check grade.
- Must be willing to do some manual labor.
- Observe hand signals, markings, and/or grade stakes while operating equipment.
- Always work safely and take action to prevent any and all unsafe actions, processes, and behaviors observed.
- Other miscellaneous duties as directed by supervisor.
- Previous experience in equipment operation and background in all types of grading. Knowledge and understanding of grades, elevations and reading plans.
- Ability to bend, stoop, lift, push, pull, and be on your feet for long periods of time in all weather conditions.
- Need a positive attitude and the ability to work well with others and follow instructions.
- Ability to travel to different job sites.
- Possess and maintain a valid Oregon driver’s license in good standing.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment criminal background check, physical/functional exam and drug screen.
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this position, candidates must complete and submit an employment application at jobs.mdu.com.
If unable to complete an application online you may print and send completed application to any Knife River NW address or stop in one of our locations to complete an application.
Knife River is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status or any other protected category under applicable state/federal law.
Subject to pre-employment drug testing and background check.