To promote life-long learning by delivering craft, technical, supervisory and management education to workers and managers at all levels in the construction industry.
The Northwest College of Construction envisions a learning resource where:
- Workers at all levels of their career ladder obtain high-performance skills.
- Employers gain the skilled workers needed to compete in the construction marketplace.
- Employer associations, sponsors and partners reflect the full range of the industry.
- Partnering organizations can maintain their individual identities.
- We reach out to economically and socially disadvantaged youth to encourage them to be knowledgeable of career advancement opportunities in the construction industry.
- We work with government and private agencies or foundations to help mentor disadvantaged individuals.
- We explore opportunities to partner with public school districts in order to leverage resources for the delivery of professional-technical education.
- We serve as the best resource for matching employers’ needs with workers’ career aspirations.
- PERFORMANCE – We believe in setting standards that encourages everyone to perform at their best thus allowing them to excel in a competitive marketplace.
- TEAMWORK – We believe that working together fosters productivity and allows students to have input in their career paths. We encourage collaboration to create new ideas and better services.
- QUALITY – We are committed to continually improving our programs, services, and our organization as a whole.
- PARTNERSHIP – We realize the benefits of joining forces within the industry and in the business community to accomplish shared goals.
- INNOVATION – We believe in being an innovator of life-long learning processes.
- Efficiency of operation and confidence in our ability to perform.
- A stable, growing, orientation striving for continued improvement.
- Staff and instructors that believe every student can succeed.
- Employers get real value for their educational investment.
- A dedication to educating those willing to learn.