The Commercial Plan Reading course provides students with the basic knowledge and skills necessary to interpret commercial construction drawings and specifications in order to make well-informed decisions regarding new construction and renovation projects.
Our curriculum focuses on the standard arrangement and organization of commercial construction drawings, including drawing formats, symbols, notes, legends, and other information that assist in conveying specific construction material characteristics, applications, requirements, and assembly. The instructor will concentrate on construction categories such as: Site Work, Structural, Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing Systems, and Finish Construction.
Date: Tue 4/30/19-6/18/19 6:00 PM-9:00 PM
Location: NWCOC Tuition: $360.00 Lab Fee: $25.00 Books: $123.00 Registration: $30.00 Total: $538.00
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
Commercial Plan Reading
- Describe and explain how complex plans are organized.
- Define typical construction symbols, line types and terminology.
- Identify typical contract documents and describe their function.
- Identify and describe the components of an exterior wall section.
- Identify and describe the components of site plans.
- Identify and describe the components of civil plans.
- Describe the special characteristics of commercial and residential plans and explain how to read and interpret them.